As a SQL Server DBA, the role will be responsible for the implementation of Recovery Point Objectives (RPO) and Recovery Time Objectives (RTO), configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL Server RDBMS systems. This is a "hands-on" position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Candidate must have hands on experience in dealing with backup policy of big databases (size in TBs)
- Ensure all database servers are backed up in a way that meets the business's Recovery Point Objectives (RPO), Recovery Time Objectives (RTO) and Archive and retention policy
- Test backups to ensure we can meet the business' Recovery Time Objectives (RTO)
- Configure SQL Server monitoring utilities for backup and its backup files inventory
- Troubleshoot SQL Server service outages as they occur, including after-hours and weekends
- Configure SQL Server monitoring utilities to minimize false alarms
- Install and configure new SQL Servers
- Document the company's database environment
- Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members
- 5+ years MS SQL Server Administration experience required
- Experience with native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- Experience in Mirroring, Replication, Log Shipping and SQL Server Service Broker would be an advantage.
- Flexible, team player, "get-it-done" personality
- Ability to organize and plan work independently
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams
Share CV on firstname.lastname@example.org , if interested.
Salary: INR 5,00,000 - 10,00,000 PA.
Industry: IT-Software / Software Services
Functional Area: IT Software - DBA, Datawarehousing
Role Category: Admin/Maintenance/Security/Datawarehousing
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent